Monday, December 31, 2007

Woods Bumming

Today Brendan, Mojo and I went out to the woods. I don't bother calling it hunting anymore :) In fact today I only took my 22 pistol with blanks in it for training Mojo.

All in all, it was a great day. The weather was very nice. We just got a light dusting of new snow, so all the animal tracks that we saw today were very fresh. There were lots of them too. The temperature was very nice out too. Brendan walked a very long way today without really knowing it. I think because the pressure of hunting was gone, we were there just to have fun.

No camera today, just videos. So let's start with an easy one.

Here is Mojo with his nose down, hunting like he should.



These next two videos need a little explanation. If you ever wonder why we don't have too much success while hunting, these two videos will explain everything.

First, is Brendan crossing a tree that had come down across the trail. In the very first part of the video his is hitting it with his walking stick. He was doing that for about a minute before I got the camera out to film a "why we don't ever see any animals video :)" So, just use your imagination.



This one we were crossing more deadfall. I was quite far away (just zoomed in). Brendan didn't know where I was (hence the whistle) and was being silly.



Here is Brendan with his hot chocolate. He has no issue claiming that this is his favorite part about hunting.



We (I guess I should say Mojo) came across a small dead deer. I got it on video, but I didn't want to linger too long because I was afraid the dog would take too much interest in it.



That is all for this time out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home