Thursday, November 15, 2007

Today is a sad day......

Today is the opening day of firearm deer season in Michigan. It used to be the most anticipated day of the year for me……and today I am at work.

I have decided the last couple years to not run off on my own, and leave the family and kids. Instead, I have taking Brendan out in the woods doing some of the more laid back hunting (squirrel hunting) that he is capable of at his age. I don’t want to rush is growing up (believe me, I don’t want that) but eventually, we will see if he will take to bowhunting, and later rifle hunting. Then, it doesn’t have to be non-family time. As far as Maddie, we will see how she takes to being in the woods.

So today, I sat outside to watch the sunrise and to imagine what it would be like to be in the woods. Lots of memories come back.

Luckily, I can still hear Fred Bear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home