Monday, October 29, 2007

Koster Nessmuk

This is going to seem odd. But the day before I found out that I won the Koster Bushcraft knife, I made a straight up trade deal for a Koster Nessmuk. Well, it came……









All I have to say is this thing rocks! I really did not think that I would like it. But, I traded with the attitude that I wasn’t using the knife I traded it for anyway, so what do I have to lose?

I am not going to mention here how many knives I have, because it is borderline ridiculous. Let’s just say that it is a tough crowd, and this one has gone straight to the top of my list. Thickness, sharpness all that good stuff is on par with most things that I have. The fit in the hand is perfect, but there is something else I can’t put my finger on. I don’t know if it is the blade shape or what it is, but the thing just cuts are carves like mad.

Being that I have so many 4-5 inch knives, and the Koster contest winner coming, I think I have to have a full out bushcraft knife showdown. More to come on that.

Take a good look at this one. I won’t look like this for long at all……….

3 Comments:

At February 20, 2008 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How does this one test for kitchen use? Looks like it would work extremely well for chopping/slicing vegetables for soup.

 
At June 29, 2008 at 11:40 AM , Blogger prairiebuzz said...

how would you like to trade your nessmuk for a Fallkniven custom H1 with Burled Oak handles and Jre firesteel pouch sheath??
buzz

 
At June 29, 2008 at 11:42 AM , Blogger prairiebuzz said...

you can contact me at knifeforums.com

monkeyboy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home