Sunday, April 27, 2008

Last Post Here

For some time, I have been quite uninspired to do many blog posts. At least, that is my excuse for my blog sucking :) I didn't like the idea of posts (that I could put a considerable amount of time into) became time sensitive, and just disappeared. I know they are easily found by searching, but sometimes people don't know what they are looking for.

Quite a while ago, I posted an idea about discontinuing posting, in favor of a seperate website. Well, for a variety of reasons, it never went anywhere. Mainly, because I developed the site from scratch, and I wanted to have the same blogging functionality and it was going to be a lot more work for me.

I also selected the domain www.backyardbushcraft.net. However, I started the account with Yahoo, and had nothing but trouble. After about 6 calls with tech support, I finally gave up. I find this extremely odd to, because our business website is hosted with Yahoo. Go figure.....

Anyway, in a ticked off rage, I cancelled the account without making the proper arrangements for domain transfer. I am just tired of dealing with, and I decided to select a new domain and new host.

I started playing around with Wordpress, and decided that it gives me everything I need. Mainly:
- The ability to keep all blogging functionality.
- The ability to write and maintain independent articles (or pages), that are not time sensitive.
- Highly customizable menus.

So, the new site is at The Backyard Bushman (www.backyardbushman.com) .

I already have several articles written, and even some movies made from when I was planning this project from the beginning. So, even though there is not that much content there now, I should be able to add some real soon.

One of the main reasons for me wanting to start a website like this is knife sharpening. I typically sharpen my knives with a 1x42 belt sander. There are a lot of people that want to learn to do this, and I have spent literally hours sending e-mails to folks. After doing several, and realizing that I kept writing the same thing over and over again, I figured it would be best to write it one final time, and host it somewhere. Not to mention that I have videos showing in detail how to do. Since the videos are already done, hopefully they will be on the site shortly.

I hope you enjoy the new site.

1 Comments:

At April 30, 2008 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Having been a long time backpacker and general outdoors enthusiest, I've been recently exploring the world of bushcraft, woodlore, etc. The new site looks very promising, thanks.

- Darrell

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home